Friday, October 9, 2009

This Week Has Been AMAZING!

So I woke up extremely late today. I'm talking 2 o'clock in the afternoon late! So anyway, I woke up and rolled over and picked up my iPod Touch from my nightstand to check my email. I had 11 unopened emails and I was elated! I never have very much. I opened the first email from my friend L. J. Boldyrev, it said:

"YOU TOTALLY WON BALLAD! HUZZAAAH!"

My first reaction was "whaaaattt??" then when I was awake enough to remember "OH SNAP!" I opened the next email from Flux Books:

"A.J.
Your trick-or-treating story has earned you a free, autographed copy of BALLAD by Maggie Stiefvater! Very adorable, kina spookky and slightly embarassing -- a job well done :)"

I was in disbelief. I. Never. Win. Anything. EVER! I also had a text message
from LJ as well! (Oh, and even a missed call, she made me laugh!) It's because of her that I won! So THANK YOU LJ FOR MAKING ME ENTER THE CONTEST!! Yes, she told me about the contest via AIM and told me I had to enter right that very second. So I did. :)

I jumped out of bed and ran to my closet to find some warm clothes (high of 60 degrees today, currently 53) and ran to my computer. It was
true, I won!

I logged on and emailed Flux books my mailing address and a quick thank you. I'm still in shock. BALLAD is written by Maggie Stiefvater. I have been a fan of Maggie's since I cracked open the spine of SHIVER, (a gift from LJ, my BFF!) and I loved it. This has been the best week of my life in a long time!


Here's me with the book!
I was like "Look Mom! Maggie signed it!"
It was a dream come true.
If you haven't read Maggie's work, then what are you doing reading this blog?? GO READ IT NOW!!


Just yesterday I got my test results back for a very hard American Lit. test that I spent hours studying for. I was so happy. Plus we had to turn in two essays with our test.
As I walked into my 8AM english class yesterday I saw that my teacher had finally finished grading our excruciatingly confusing essays. I saw all the green markings on my paper and freaked out. I was sad because I knew that meant a low grade. My teacher was coming around to record the grades and I knew I'd have to face the music eventually so I flipped my paper over. In the bottom left corner on the back of a journal entry I saw a small green letter and my heart stopped. Written there was an 'A' and my teacher NEVER gives out 'A's all willy-nilly. Then she came to my desk and I showed her my grade and she said "Oh, I bet you're surprised. You must have done a good job to get that grade!" I was so happy!

I am going to apply to Barnes and Noble either today or tomorrow. I've filled out the application, I just need to hand it in. While I'm there I'm going to get "A Touch of Dead" by Charlaine Harris. It's a collection of short stories about Sookie Stackhouse. My friend LJ wrote a blog review about it. Go check out what she said:
Make sure you leave a COMMENT for LJ, tell her AJ sent you!! :)

More links for fun:


That's all for now,
A. J. Spindle

1 comment:

  1. I love your use of "willy-nilly". You don't hear that often enough anymore. You totally deserved that grade! AND you totally deserved a copy of Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater. All I did was let you know about the contest, you won all on your own! Congrats!

    (And it feels weird to be chatting with you via AIM, while writing a reply to your blog.)

    ReplyDelete