Monday, April 23, 2012

Long time, No Blog.

Well, a lot of things have changed since I last blogged. I turned 21 years old, got the iPhone I've always dreamed of, made new friends, got baptized, started and almost finished my last semester of college #1, and most importantly, published my children's story.

As you can see in the screenshot below, I self published my kids story as a FREE e-book. You can download it on Apple's iBooks store, through Barnes and Noble, or Kobo. If you download it, PLEASE leave a review. I don't care if you hate it, tell me in a review. (but please don't hate it!) :)

Here is my new used desk! It's been in our guest room for many years now, and I decided my old desk was too small for writing and doing homework. The only downside to this desk is that it doesn't have any drawers. But it will do for now until I can get a fancy desk with a matching bookshelf. :)

You can see Bella in her cage, staring me down. She likes to try and grab my hair through the bars as I sit at the desk. You can also see the color coded index cards on the wall on the right. Those are character cards for Bennett Nelson so I can just look up and see all the info about each character when I'm writing. And no, I do not go to A&M. I just like the coffee mug!

So as for turning 21, it's not that great. I had a quiet birthday, just went out to eat dinner with some friends from work, who are awesome by the way! And I bought myself an iPhone, like I've always wanted. Now I'm just afraid I'll drop it and shatter the screen! Haha!

I'm working on my 10 page research paper for English. I chose to write about feminism in The Yellow Wallpaper. I'm on page eight so far. I really need to go back over it to make sure it's okay. I'd rather not get a bad grade on this paper since it's worth 30% of my grade.

Work is still going well. I still love my kiddos and their antics. I just wish I could be with them longer each day. 4-6 hours a day isn't enough. During the summer I'll be working 40 hours a week instead of 20-30, but my other job takes a break for summer.

Another change is that I changed my major, or well, added another one. I'll still be majoring in English (but I'm taking a break next semester to focus on the other degree). I'll be applying to get into the surgical technician program at school #1. After this semester (if I by some miracle pass math) I will be graduating in May of this year! (That's one month away) I will have my Associate of Arts. I just need this one math class; statistics!

Well, I better go work on my research paper before I have to go into work early today. Don't forget to download my kids book! It's FREE so you have no excuse!! :)

A. J. Spindle

No comments:

Post a Comment